List Your Restaurant On Google Fast and Free
A first page listing on Google search results is the Holy Grail when it comes to search engine marketing. Many companies invest big dollars to appear on the first page by advertising through Google Adwords. For example, to achieve the top ad position when a user searches for “seafood restaurant New York,” the advertiser is paying $2.35 each time someone clicks on their ad. That can become very expensive very fast. Wouldn’t it be better if there was a way to appear on Google for Free? The good news is there is, and Google wants you to do it.
Google Local Business Center is designed as a way for local business owners to provide information about their business, so Google Maps can deliver more relevant findings. But in the Google tradition of ‘more is better,’ it goes far beyond a simple location description. This is an essential online marketing tool that is provided to you for Free!
Beyond listing your business, you can add important restaurant information including your phone number, website, description, category, payment options, business hours and service area. But it doesn’t stop there. You can also add photos and videos, and now they also give you the option to provide both printable and mobile phone coupons. And here’s where it gets really interesting because they provide information on your results – how many viewed your listing, what actions did they take, and where did they come from. And did I mention this doesn’t cost you anything?
Here’s how to take advantage of this great Google resource:
1. Visit http://local.google.com
2. Click on “Put your business on Google Maps”
3. Sign In with your Google account. If you don’t have an account, it’s simple and Free to sign up for one.
4. Click on the “Add New Business” button. The other button is “Upload A Data File” which is a very handy option if you have multiple locations. You can take a spreadsheet of all your locations, and upload them all at once.
5. From there, you start adding your information. It’s as easy as that.
Results appear with the “Local Business Results” map that you often find at the top of a search. Take a few minutes and add your restaurant to Google Local. It’s time well spent.
For 25 other Low Cost / No Cost Restaurant Marketing Ideas, download the Free marketing report at RestaurantMarketingSecrets.net.