Let a great opportunity find you! Whether you're an active job seeker or curious about new positions, Foodservice.com is where you want to be. As foodservice professional and member of our community, your talents are sought after by employers nationwide. To get started, post your resume today.
Differentiate yourself to employers by sharing your knowledge. Post a Blog
Love cooking but hate the schedule? If you want summers off again and long for a work life balance.... Consider an exciting career at Cater to You Food Services!
As a SC you are tasked with maintaining CtY’s standards during daily food service and catered events, for BOH operations. In this capacity, you will work with the Chef Manager to improve the quality and presentation of the product being served within an account that handles a summer camp program, while providing the highest level of customer service. Daily, you will communicate with the CM on all unit matters, including: ordering, inventory, and menu execution. Additionally, the SC is responsible delegating and ensuring that preparatory tasks are done correctly, in a timely fashion, and are executed to the standards set forth by CtY.
Key Unit Responsibilities:
- Work within (6) week menu cycles - Train and develop BOH employees
- Use local, sustainable, and seasonable products daily + Cross-train skill sets
- Develop seasonal menu specials with CM + Attention to speed of production
- Communicate with CM to obtain feedback on menu items - Administrative tasks:
- Monitor product usage, including waste management + Complete training on ADP timecards
- Manage ordering process through FM + Provide feedback for mid/end of year reviews
- Complete training on reconciling invoice with PO as product is received + Properly report incident/accident to CM
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of kitchen equipment/facility - Execute catering and special events
- Maintain a safe work environment through: + Ensure proper production of menu items
+ Pre-shift briefings with all unit staff + Ensure production of items is timely
+ Acknowledgment of hazardous areas/situations
+ Prompt reporting of accidents when they occur
+ Training staff on proper sanitation practices
+ HAACP and NYC Food Handlers’
+ Receiving, production, and service
- Assist CM in maintaining accurate and complete CtY SOP logs
+ Production, food temperature, refrigeration
- Work without supervision and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to follow proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Ability to work with a diverse population
Summary: The successful Sous Chef – will report to work in a punctual manner and maintain an exemplary attendance record. On a daily basis you will lead your unit by being a team-player, while maintaining the professional standards set forth by CTY. Additionally, you will come to work with a positive attitude and communicate with your DM if there are any issues, whether or not they are personal or work related. While on the clock, you will be friendly and polite with your supervisor, direct reports, students, faculty, and staff; you will also ensure a safe and secure environment to the fullest extent of CTY’s capability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Stay smart and make everyone insanely jealous of your vast industry knowledge.
Subscribe to our weekly
newsletter, delivered spam-free.
November 16, 2016 / Community Contributor
November 2, 2016 / Community Contributor
October 5, 2016 / Community Contributor
Location: New York
Location: New York
Location: District of Columbia
Brew City Black & Tan Onion Rings
The ultimate snack for craft beer fans. Thick cut Brew City Black and Tan onion...