Daily News All News  |  Subscribe  
Restaurant and Foodservice News
RSS
News |  Newsletters  |  Articles |  Blogs | Video |  TV |  QSR News  |  Casual Dining News  |  Onsite News  |  Chef News

When the Chefs Come Home


Copyright: NY Times

November 30, 2011



IN the food world, chefs are the 1 percent, and the rest of us are the 99 percent. At this time every year, we dream of catching crumbs from their tables: shiny new cookbooks, stuffed with recipes so brilliantly simplified as to lift us up to their level. But this year, the chefs descended to our level instead. Even the global stars Ferran Adrià and Heston Blumenthal, known for...


Read More (opens new link to source)  |   All News



Note: The story above links to an external site and was free from registration requirements at the time it was selected. Because Foodservice.com has no control over information outside of our site, the availability and status is subject to change.






Thoughts and Comments?  Post as a member of Foodservice.com or Facebook below
Note that you must be registered to leave comments. Register or Sign in.




Top Stories
1. Woman Suing Restaurant Known For Getting Hit in the Head with a Dinner Roll
2. 21 Movies Every Chef Should Watch
3. Restaurant's Reservation Policy Allows It to Sue Yelpers, Online Critics
4. Robots Will Take Fast-Food Jobs, But Not Because of Minimum Wage Hikes
5. Why the healthy school lunch program is in trouble. Before/after photos of what students ate.
6. 'Chef' fools fine diners into enjoying inferior food
7. Ex-Subway pitchman Jared Fogle to plead guilty to sex acts with minors, child porn charges
8. Americans Agree School Lunch Isn’t Broken (So, Congress, Don’t "Fix" It)
9. Bon Appetit's top 10 best new U.S. restaurants
10. The 10 Dishes That Made My Career: Jacques Pepin

Recent News
How U.S. restaurants are experimenting with no-tipping policies to counter rising minimum wages
The Culture of the Kitchen: David Chang
Will Create Your Taste finally help McDonald's turn things around?
Chefs moving into fast casual offer their take on industry's future
75 Best Colleges for Food in America for 2015
How Eric Ripert Became a Restaurant Legend Without Working Himself to Death
Unfair Competition: Food Trucks vs Restaurants
Why Chipotle's 4,000-worker hiring blitz isn't all good news
McDonald's turnaround strategy has one major flaw
Move Over Sriracha! Get Ready For New Food Trends




More like this:

The Culture of the Kitchen: David Chang

Chefs moving into fast casual offer their take on industry's future

75 Best Colleges for Food in America for 2015

How Eric Ripert Became a Restaurant Legend Without Working Himself to Death

Chef Abandons French Cuisine to Open Harlem Burger Joint

Robots Will Take Fast-Food Jobs, But Not Because of Minimum Wage Hikes

'Chef' fools fine diners into enjoying inferior food

Could your Instagram 'food porn' posts actually be illegal?

Food as a Vehicle for Change: Q&A with Chef Michel Nischan

Anthony Bourdain's Journey To Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt

Other Topics:

Business & Financial  (2127)

Chefs and Cooking  (2159)

Customer Service  (115)

Design  (26)

Equipment & Supplies  (29)

Food Cost Management  (68)

Food Safety  (227)

HR and Recruiting  (53)

Human Interest  (1022)

Interviews  (6)

Legal  (299)

Marketing - Products  (207)

Marketing - Restaurant  (480)

Menu Development  (209)

Nutrition  (1141)

Restaurant Management  (92)

Restaurant Spotlight  (94)

Sanitation  (29)

Startup  (24)

Technology  (176)

Trends  (124)

 




Copyright © 1996-2013 Foodservice.com ®. All Rights Reserved.